Re: How to connect with MS SQL Server from Oracle on HP-UX

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 16:28:32 GMT

Chris Forbis wrote:

> Oracle Trasparent Gateway for MSSQL.
>
> But this will cost in liencinging in the are of $100,000 per server.
> it is VERY expendive, and I have been told by serveral Oracle sales
> reps to just use MSSQL's FREE stuff to push the data yuo need to
> Oracle.

$100,000? Where did this number come from?

I just went to
https://oraclestore.oracle.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?a=b&item=234934 and looked at the Sybase transparent gateway. The price is $75.00 USD. This same price is also listed for the Informix gateway.

I'm not saying they can get the license they want for $75.00 USD. But $100,000 is far more than a magnitude larger than what I remember paying.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu May 09 2002 - 11:28:32 CDT