Re: problems on statistics

From: Marcelo Parra <marcelop_at_pidcgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 13:06:43 -0300

Hi Daniel,
You are rigth , sorry for this, but I 'd never said Oracle crash, I'd said procedures crash, but still it is not the correct term.

The data is:

Operating system platform  :      Windows  NT 4 sp5
Oracle version and release :     Oracle 8.0.5.1.1 with Partitioning , and in
a replicated enviroment.

I think that the only problem was the very slow response time speed, because the crashes which I referred to, was
"ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation " on vb applications and oracle reports.
 Later, I found that It was produced by a timeout configuration on ODBC on the client machine.
 Now, supossing it was in that way,
 which is the reason on a CBO running DB to work worst with statistics than without then.

Thanks in advance,
Marcelo

"Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3CDA9824.27440A26_at_exesolutions.com...
> Marcelo Parra wrote:
>
> > Hi , Anyone could tell me wicth is the problem on saving statistics with
CBO
> > that makes crash some procedures or queries?
> > I have on my production Db this configuration and once I've tried to
save
> > statistics and I'had lots of problems .
> > I don't know any fundament for this to happen, but It did happened.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Marcelo Parra.
>
> I don't know what happened either as you didn't post an operating system
and
> platform, a version of Oracle, or the actuall and complete error message.
Doing