Re: Bad Generalisations by Don Burleson

From: George Barbour <gbarbour_at_csc.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 15:41:07 +0100

Beginning to see a 'nasty' trend here. "Experts" sniping at "Experts". I have a collection of Oracle books, written by many authors. They are not all perfect. Some authors have a 'light' style - good for beginners, but not good for heavy hitters. Some show a deep, understanding of "some" of Oracle's features and no understanding of others.
There is no book which covers it all, not one. And, as a matter of fact I don't think there ever will be; The subject of Oracle is too vast, and is getting bigger all the time. I recall at least one Oracle "name" stating that we almost need to split the job between two DBA's now, as the knowledge required is so high.

My point: (and I paraphrase :Hugh Cook)
Sometimes the wise have off days, but it is seldom wise unwise for the unwise to write them off completely.

George Barbour. Received on Thu May 09 2002 - 09:41:07 CDT