Re: lies damn lies and benchmarks

From: Chris Weiss <chris_at_hpdbe.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:08:21 -0400

Hmmm.... It seems that like in many product wars, people's knowledge is out of date:

http://newton.uor.edu/FacultyFolder/CKettemborough/Codd12R.html

so... this a non-issue as well. All vendors adapt standards and rules to meet their business needs. This doesn't make it right, but you can't use this to criticize SQL Server without applying the same criticisms to Oracle.

Major holes for SQL Server are:

For small systems I think the argument weighs very heavily in favor of SQL Server. For very large systems, Oracle is the clear winner. For everything between the two extremes, the choice is not nearly as clear as people would like to think.

--
Chris Weiss