Re: Invalid objects in SYS

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 00:05:45 +0100

"bgt0990" <btighe_at_neometrics.com> wrote in message news:3cd7e06b_2_at_corp-news.newsgroups.com...
> Sometime over the weekend one of the developers had occasion to recompile
> the package STANDARD. This had the effect of invalidating every object
> (procedures, functions, views, etc). I have run catproc, and catrep to
get
> most of the SYS objects back but there are still a number of them left
> invalid.
>
> Which 'CAT' scripts should I run and in what order to have the best chance
> of a clean SYS schema?
>
> Thanks
> Barry

WTF? Developers can connect as SYS?

Your best (only?) chance of a clean SYS (and APP_OWNER for that matter) schema is to keep the developers out of it.

If that's not acceptable, then fine, no problem, but you cannot be held responsible for something over which you have absolutely no control; i.e. the stability and security of the database. Just ensure that management are aware that it's either one or the other.

HTH. Paul Received on Wed May 08 2002 - 18:05:45 CDT