Re: Oracle 8.1.7 Citrix and ORA 12638

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.WessmanNO_SPAM_at_oracle.com>
Date: 8 May 2002 14:19:42 -0700

ORA-12638 means that the network authentication is failing.

To fix it, locate your sqlnet.ora. In it, there will be probably a line that starts with:
sqlnet.authentication_services=
(case is not important).

Change this line to be:
sqlnet.authentication_services=(NONE)

That will tell the networking code not to attempt to do authentication and your connection should succeed.

                                     Rick

In article <abbkl6$gnm0d$1_at_ID-121870.news.dfncis.de>, "Nicolas says...

>I have following problem. I got for testing a citrix server. I installed the
>oracle client 8.1.7.0. From this server, I tried to connect to a Oracle
>database inside of mine network. The TNSPING is working fine.
>
>But if I try to connect to the database using e.g. sql-plus I did not get
>the connection. The Oracle error message is 12638. I got it in german. My
>SQL-Server message Handbook, tells me, that it is a sqlplus error. nothing
>more.
>
>Can someone give me a hint what I can do? I am a beginner with this
>combination Citrx-Oracle.
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>Regards
>Nicolas

                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.