Re: Create table statement, weird behavior...

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 8 May 2002 13:37:02 -0700

In article <udj1e2mpiea91a_at_corp.supernews.com>, "Jim" says...

>Johathan,
>
> Great site, very helpful link, thankyou...
>
> This is 9i, your link suggest the preference of LMT's. Should I just
>leave well enough alone? I have 1 table with over 120 extents. Would I do
>better to make it "Dictionary Managed"?

having more then 1 extent is fine, good, not a problem, nothing to lose sleep over, in many cases preferable.

Hundreds of extents is great.

LMTs are the default tablespace type in 9i. Stick with them.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte@oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/