RMAN and Veritas Netbackup Backup Policy executing

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 May 2002 13:44:33 -0700

Server A: Master Server, Sun 250 running 2.8, rman repository with database at 8.1.7.0
Server B: Client, RS6000 H80 running AIX 4.3.3. Database being backed up is 8.1.7. All Oracle installs are 32-bit.

I have four schedules setup in one backup class in Netbackup: DailyIncremental(set as a cumulative incremental), Weekly(automatic full), Monthly(automatic full) and Yearly(automatic full), all of which I have overridden so that they each go to a specific Volume Pool  There is one other schedule, it's call 'DEFAULT-POLICY' and is marked 'Backup Policy' in the schedule.

I kick off a daily incremental, a active process in the Job Monitor shows up as dailyincremental schedule, it stops the database, starts it and brings up in mount. Now, RMAN starts, a second active process shows up in the Job Monitor of Netbackup, but this shows up as a Default-Policy schedule. This second process then actually backups up the database and goes to the volume pool defined at the backup class level, which I do not want. Ultimately, I do not want the Default-Policy schedule to ever kick off and just let the DailyIncremental take care of it. Anyone have Ideas????

TIA
Pete's Received on Wed May 08 2002 - 15:44:33 CDT