Re: Bad Generalisations by Don Burleson

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 18:46:44 +0200

On Wed, 8 May 2002 21:23:37 +0800, "Hemant K Chitale" <hkchital_nospam_at_singnet_nospam.com.sg> wrote:

>Some examples of bad (awfully misleading ?) generalisations
>by Don Burleson in the latest "Oracle Tips at Builder.com"
>[from Oracle Tips at Builder.com"
><Online#3.13744.48-wJ0Xs9GgV9aqydRR.1_at_newsletter.online.com>"]
>
>To quote from the same email again
>"Don Burleson has written 12 books, published over 70 articles in national
>magazines, and is editor in chief of Oracle Internals. "
>Don't rule out the RBO
>

>Hemant K Chitale
>http://hkchital.tripod.com

Mr. Burleson recently advised in the same series of tips to issue delete from dba_histograms to remove the histograms from the dictionary. I'm not kidding.
It seems many of his tips are utter crap.

So much for Mr. Burleson.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed May 08 2002 - 11:46:44 CDT