Re: Trouble creating a new database

From: S Goodman <q7db9gvkf001_at_sneakemail.com>
Date: 8 May 2002 08:58:06 -0700

Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote in message news:<3CD7F59E.BD101B32_at_mytoys.de>...

> Increase semaphores parameters SEMMSL & SEMMNI in /etc/system. Did you follow
> the installation instructions?

I presume somebody has followed the installation instructions. There is already one database running, without any problems on this box. What we're trying to do is to create a second database, completely unrelated to the first.

The original db (call it olddb) works just fine, and is filled with a bunch of sample data. The new database (call it newdb), when we issue the
startup pfile = /whatever/initnewdb.ora
command spits back those 5 errors.

If it's of any importance, I'm logged in to Unix as a regular user, not the root user or the oracale user, but I can ask the system administrator to let me do anything needed. For Oracle, I do have system privileges.

Thanks again,

sg Received on Wed May 08 2002 - 10:58:06 CDT