Re: ORA-03113 - end-of-file on communication channel

From: Dorian Büttner <dorian.buettner_at_uni-duisburg.de>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 15:00:36 +0200

BTW SuSE provides some documentation on installing Oracle 8i and a so called "orarun8i.rpm" which installs some start/stop-scripts and a oracle.rc.config with well-doing kernel-params.
I am using this in an adapted version for my mandrake 8.2,i had the same probs (and many others too).
Here's what helped:
when the dbassist is creating the first database say "ignore" to all errors 3113 and 3114. When the assistant finishes, rerun the corrected root.sh and apply the glibc-patch. Rerun dbassist and create a new database. Drop the old one.

hope this helps,
dorian Received on Wed May 08 2002 - 08:00:36 CDT