Re: Urgent:Cannot increase maxusers value on HP-UX

From: HP_BRS <born2veg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 May 2002 04:57:21 -0700

MAXUSERS is like using a shotgun to kill a cockroach. Now granted, being from the south I have seen some big cockroaches. However, if you have a file table overflow, address the parameter that deals with the file table (nfile) and let the other sleeping dogs lie. MAXUSERS, in my opinion, is a formula provided for administrators who don't have a really good idea about what is going on in the kernel. The only thing worse than maxusers is applying tuned parameter sets.