Re: JVM and Intermedia on Oracle 9i

From: Trifon Anguelov <trifona_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 23:54:12 GMT

Al,

You have choice not to install them in the installation process. There might be some dependencies on JVM. Check carefully the list of installed products and install only what you need. Uncheck Apache Web server if you don't need it too.

Also when creating DB with the DB Config Assist, make sure you uncheck the JVM and Intermedia check boxes. It is somewhere in the Additional Options button, if not mistaken.

Check the latest Oracle DBA forums at:
http://www.dbaclick.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi

Hope that helps,

Trifon Anguelov