Re: Access to V$ views

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rkg100_at_erols.com>
Date: 7 May 2002 15:35:14 -0700

Im a developer and I find access to the v$views and the rest of the data dictionary incredibly useful. Anyone who says they are not are either lousy developers or obnoxious overly controlling DBAs. Though I am hardly what people call senior, I find that the DBA and developer roles can often overlap and its important that if you are one or the other to atleast have some basic facilities with each.

Your DBA sounds like a jerk. Go over the fools head to the management and demand access. Who cares what you do on a development server? We all do all kinds of crap on development boxes. I experiment all the time on them.