Rumor Breaking

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 21:56:55 GMT

I found the following text somewhere and saved it in the hope of figuring out something I didn't know.

"Automatic logins by PC, Apple MacIntosh, and OS/2 users are not secure. Anyone can edit the Oracle configuration file and change their user ID. For security reasons, if users of these systems are logging in over the network, Oracle Corporation strongly recommends you disable the ops$ logins in the listener.ora."

Unfortunately, after diligent research, I can not find any referene to disabling externally authenticated accounts in listener.ora.

Can someone please point me to a source document that explains the connection?

Thanks.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue May 07 2002 - 16:56:55 CDT