What version of Oracle Application server should be installed with Oracle8i (8.1.7)

From: Janos Lobb <janos_at_lobb.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 17:21:39 -0400

Hi,

I have Oracle8i version 8.1.7 installed on AIX 4.3.3. I have also the CD of Oracle Application server version 4.0 which does not want to install itself and complaining that I have to run rootpre.sh to load the pw-syscall kernel extention. The loadext command clearly shows that the right pw-syscall is loaded and running. It is also in the /etc/inittab file, so it is loaded back after every shutdown and restart. As I am looking closer the READMES on the server and on the CD, I see that the server's one speak about level3 of the post-wait kernel compared to level2 of the OWS CD, so looks like the pw-syscall installed by 8.1.7 is too high and unrecognizable for the orainstall of the Application Server CD.

The question is what version of Application Server is recommended and should be used with Oracle 8i (8.1.7) ?

Thanks ahead,
János Received on Tue May 07 2002 - 16:21:39 CDT