Urgent Help please !!! - In trouble!

From: Reza <reza_at_digital-dispatch.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 19:41:32 +0100

Hi Guys
Could anyone please help with the urgent matter below please.

Oracle server version 8.0.5.2.1
I ws trying to drop a big tablespace on a busy PLTP production system. 1- The tablespace was off-line
2- the tablespace has only one big object (table) with just ordinary data type columns (No LOB), and no reference on the table from any other object in the database

3- All the indexes for the table in this table space are in a separate table space which is off-line as well.

I isseud : Drop tablespace <xxxx> including contents;

after a long time oracle came back with ORA- 1575 01575, 00000, "timeout waiting for space management resource"
// *Cause: failed to acquire necessary resource to do space management.
// *Action: Retry the operation.

Now IN DATA DICTionary the table name in the tablespace and its related indexes in the other tablespace have changed to TEMPORARY segments (query from dba_segments) with oracle's inernal "xxx.yyy" numbers (x and y are just digits).

SMON is now using a lot of processor time (over an hour now) and I don't know what to do to stop it.
The database can not be shutdown (24x7 highly available system for over 700 users).
Also I am scared that the database will have problems to open, due to this status.

Please give me some advice as soon as possible

Many thanks for saving my a...
Regards
Reza Received on Tue May 07 2002 - 13:41:32 CDT