Oracle Intelligent Agent

From: Kevin S. Smith <SpamNoMore_at_EriePlating.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 15:18:13 -0400

I am running Oracle 8.1.6.1 on Linux RedHat 6.2

I have installed Enterprise manager on my Win2k box so I can manage our Oracle server. I try to discover nodes, but it errors out saying: either the server is down or the correct version of the Intellegent Agent is running. So I go to the server and check the status of the Agent.:

lsnrctl dbsnmp_status

It says the db subagent is not started so I manually start it:

lsnrctl dbsnmp_start

It seems as though it started (ie. no errors). However , when I check the status again, I get the same results as above. I have researched this alot and the only suggestions I have gotten is to delete the files that are automatically created in the network directory and try again. This has not worked and I am out of ideas. Any help will be appreciated. Received on Tue May 07 2002 - 14:18:13 CDT