how to get the cached info from ... Re: http://www.hjrdba.com/

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 11:50:51 -0600

For purely academic reasons, I went to www.google.com and looked up www.hjrdba.com and found that google had a cache pointer. I went to the cache and found the home page. I moused over one of the links, went back to google's main search page and found that link in google's cache. Continuing with my test, I went to an actual script:

http://216.239.33.100/search?q=cache:mVeF9_zAUzAC:www.hjrdba.com/scrip ts/contig.txt+&hl=en

Steps

  1. www.google.com
  2. keyword: www.hjrdba.com
  3. results show that the page is cached, click on the cached link:

http://216.239.33.100/search?q=cache:5ZtRpW5vqFUC:www.hjrdba.com/+&hl= en

Voila!

So it seems if someone else wanted to see if they could gather all the data, they could be searching through google's cache. Of course this is all from an academic point of view. <g>
--

Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering mailto:pablo_at_hpdbe.com
http://www.hpdbe.com