Re: time triggered tasks in oracle

From: Guido Konsolke <NoSpam_at_MyAccount.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 12:49:38 +0200

"Jens Aggergren" <jens_aggergren_at_hotmail.com> wrote...
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to define
> events triggered by date/time?
>
> ex: In an order management database a new order is entered.
> the order table i defined like this:
>
> CREATE TABLE ORDER(
> NR INTEGER NOT NULL,
> STATUS CHAR DEFAULT( 'A' ),
> DATO DATE,
> BUTIKSNR INTEGER NOT NULL,
> PRIMARY KEY( NR ),
> UNIQUE( NR ),
> FOREIGN KEY( BUTIKSNR ) REFERENCES BUTIK(NR),
> CONSTRAINT STATUS_TYPE CHECK ( STATUS IN ( 'A', 'B', 'C' )));
>
> 8 days later the status must be set to 'b'.
>
> can it be done?

Hi Jens,
one of the easiest ways seems to me: put an appropriate update-statement in a stored procedure and start it through a database job (package dbms_job).

If your rdbms runs under UNIX you should consider a shell script. This script could be run through cron.

hth,
Guido Received on Tue May 07 2002 - 05:49:38 CDT