Re: Looking for tool to syncronize schemas--or advice on speeding up change manager

From: Andy <enzoweb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2002 18:31:28 -0700

I have used Quest Schema Manager in the past, but that is also very slooooooow. I've also used something called DB Tools from SoftTree Technologies, but guess what - it was slow.

I haven't seen anything that works quickly, expecially when you consider what it has to do. OK, it can compare table names. And view, trigger, procedure names etc. Then it can compare the indexes on those tables. It'll then compare the columns on those tables, and the indexed columns. Then it'll look at the columns on the views. And that's the easy stuff. When it starts to get down to the level of comparing the code in Procedures, packages, triggers etc it's just got so much work to do.

If you find anything, let me know, I have the same problem.

.