Running Oracle scripts through JDBC?

From: D. Alvarado <laredotornado_at_zipmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2002 13:33:02 -0700

When I fire up SQL*Plus, it is straightforward to execute an oracle script by simply typing:

sqlplus>start myscript.sql

I was wondering if, given a java.io.File object, JDBC can run a script in Oracle. Obviously, it is possible to execute simple jdbc/sql statements such as "create table" and "select" or even call stored procedures. But I would like to imitate the functionality of running the script from the sqlplus command line (as above). Is it possible? How?

Thanks in advance, Dave Received on Mon May 06 2002 - 15:33:02 CDT