Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris 8: Help !!

From: Jaspreet Bakshi <jub120_at_psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 14:55:26 -0400

hi everyone,

I am totally new to Oracle ... just finished installation
of Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris 8 .. the automatic database
creation step failed for some reason.

Now when I try to use dbassist to create a new database,
I get an ORA 03114 error "not connected to ORACLE".
It does create the database creation shell scripts, so I
tried manually executing those scripts and the following
sequences of events ensued.

/*********

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected.
SVRMGR> startup nomount pfile = "/opt/oracle/admin/B/pfile/initB.ora"
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
SVRMGR>

Any idea on what could be going on ... any help is appreciated ... the quicker
the better as this is holding a lot of work back on our research.

thanks
Jas Received on Mon May 06 2002 - 13:55:26 CDT