"create database" problem on linux 7.2

From: Ibrahim DOGAN <ibodogan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2002 09:50:13 -0700

Hi,

I installed Oracle 9i on Linux 7.2. Installation created a database dia2.

Then I wanted to create my own database and first created a user, ocp. Added it to oinstall, oracle and ope groups. so ocp user is just a copy of oracle user.

I logged on Linux using user ocp and issued "create database ocpdb.." command. it gave "permission denied to create control files" error.

but i could create the control file manually using ocp user.

What's wrong with this ??

is this a bug? anybody hit the same hitch?

Thanks Received on Mon May 06 2002 - 11:50:13 CDT