Re: separate data/inidex

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 23:21:27 +1000

In article <3cd66998$0$8513$cc9e4d1f_at_news.dial.pipex.com>, you said (and I quote):

> this is obviously true - especially given the number and frequency of
> patches to the OS. however it is still worth as an eyeopener installing
> NT/2k only on a machine (server or workstation doesn't matter) and then
> immediately run a defragmentation utility.

and one of the reasons mixing folders and Oracle datafiles in the same partition is such a no-no. Then again, there isn't much more one can do to really fill up a NT disk with that 75% thing...

Maybe one of the reasons raw partitions were so highly recommended for NT? Even with SANs, it should still make a diff.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto