md5 in Oracle 8i (its in the obfuscation package for 9i)

From: Lee <lee_at_jamtoday.com>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 20:22:37 -0400

 Two questions:

  1. Where can I get a pl/sql md5 routine I'm running Oracle 8,1.7 As far as I can see it isnt till oracle 9 that the DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT has the md5 procedure (just has des encrypt and decrypt). I thought I saw a third party md5 pl/sql procedure somewhere Oh yeah, plnet. I think it was,....is that my only option or is theresomething "official" we can get?

 I suppose I could find a java class, load it via loadjava and then  write a pl/sql wrapper....just wondering how much of that;s already  been done,"free" for the download.

 2. Once I do get an md5 routine I'll want to run it vs an operating  ssytem file that I've read into a LOB (well, CLOB file, actually).  What do people do about the possibility that there might be leading  and trailing blanks in the operating system file, or even an extra  cr/lf or some such? I see theres a dbms_lob.trim() but it doesn do  what Ltrim or Rtrim does, i.e. it doesnt trim off leading or trailing  blanks, it just chops the lob down to the size you specify. Funny name for that, why not have called it "chop" ? Oh well.  Any thoughts? Received on Sun May 05 2002 - 19:22:37 CDT