Re: BLOB, CLOB

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 14:20:14 +0100

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> look into dbms_lob which will allow you to do this .
>
> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK
> "Simon Walchshofer" <simon.walchshofer_at_students.uni-linz.ac.at> wrote in
> message news:3cd530d1_at_news.uni-linz.ac.at...
> > Hi!
> >
> > Is it possible to insert for example a picture into a table with one
> > sql-insert statement?
> >
> > e.g.
> > create table myLob (id number, picture clob);
> >
> > insert into myLob values (1, ??????????);
> >
> > Is there a possibility to specify the file-path directly in the
> > insert-statement??
> >
> > THX
> > Simon

Please correct me if I am wrong but it is not possible, DBMS_LOB, or not. Every time I have gotten it to work I have inserted a row with an EMPTY_BLOB() reutrning ROWID and then locked it then updated it with the image.

I would be interested in seeing an example that bypasses that requirement.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sun May 05 2002 - 08:20:14 CDT