Re: http://www.hjrdba.com/

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 11:15:06 +1000

In article <uk7qj1yn0.fsf_at_rcn.com>, you said (and I quote):

> > There is not even a point in saying that Oracle's education income
> > would suffer from sites like his.
>
> Can somebody who knows restate what the issue was?

the closure of hjrdba.

> From the
> conversations, it seemed that Oracle was worried that somebody might act
> on incorrect information in Howard's site and then Oracle would could
> get sued. Therefore, they forced Howard to shut his site down.

Yes, and some of us didn't believe that. For many reasons which were explained. As for the real reasons, only Oracle and hjr really know them. Don't expect either to confirm or deny this, it just won't happen. At least not in this media. Usenet is just not appropriate for official statements of any kind.

> Some seem to think it is about ownership, and now I read that Oracle was
> worried that Howard was cutting into their profits.

no, you read what is above and I re-quote:

> > There is not even a point in saying that Oracle's education income
> > would suffer from sites like his.

that is most definitely not the same as what you said. So let's not start a fork(). ;-)

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto