Re: http://www.hjrdba.com/

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 18:01:53 +0100

"Sean M" <smckeown_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message news:3CD2B48C.AD8ADB30_at_earthlink.net...
> I would also be willing to bet that Australian laws are not much
> different than the rest of the world in this respect. For instance, if
> you worked for Intel in the US and invented a new chip, guess who owns
> the patent? Right, Intel, not you. Is that fair? Absolutely. If you
> think you could have invented that chip without all the capital outlay
> that Intel provided you as an employee (computers, labs, documentation,
> fellow employees, telephones, healthcare, whatever), then you should
> have quit your job and done it on your own. Then the patent is all
> yours.

patents and copyright though both IP are different animals. In particular copyright exists to protect the expression of ideas NOT originality or innovation. In fact , most probably, copyright subsists in this and all my other posts. it beongs to me and not to my employer.. if however if were to write some software the IP in it would most probably reside with my employer.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA