Re: Instance not started after Boot.

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 10:15:07 GMT

I happened to find out that the service startup failed owing to a wrong init.ora file combined with a failure in the authentication methods specified in the SQLNET.ORA file.
I realised this only after weeks of manually starting the database whereas it should have been already started automatically but unfortunately I wasn't a master in Win2K/DB administration.
It's worth checking what you have in the registry keys, which initialisation file(s) your service is pointing to and eventually turn on tracing if you're still in trouble.

So, check for the authentication method in SQLNET.ORA and check for the initialisation file being used. Be sure to point to the good one.

Bye,
Flavio Received on Sat May 04 2002 - 05:15:07 CDT