Re: http://www.hjrdba.com/

From: Dorothy Foster <dor_foster_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 May 2002 17:11:38 -0700

Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message news:<HLD*gnlnp_at_news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>...
> Sean M <smckeownNO_at_BACKSIESearthlink.net> wrote:
> >Oracle employee. Could he have produced those same writings had he not
> >been employed by Oracle? Maybe, but that's a tough one to prove. So
> >yes, Oracle owns what he's produced, as well they should.
>
> I'm not sure I agree with the "as well they should". My employer makes
> billing software, clearly I should ensure I don't accidently write a
> billing system in my spare time. However, I don't think my employer owns
> *everything* I think about in my spare time, even if it is peripherally
> connected with the business. We don't know the details of HJR's case,
> so I can't comment directly on that.
>
> I negotiated a modification to the IPR clause on my employment contract
> before I signed it, clarifying what I could do in my own time. Since IPR
> is about half the software business, it's important to sort out where
> you stand with your employer (and occasionally wear a GNU t-shirt into
> work :-).
>
> Commiserations to Howard though, it must be very annoying to have your
> employer suppress something you've put so much time and effort into.

I guessed one day , this website would go down for some reason and I think I saved some of his pdf documentation. If , Howard is willing, then please send an email and I shall send them,, but again, this is only if Howard readily accepts.. By the way Mr.Howard had your articles not been interesting, why would I have saved them in the first place...

Thanks
D.... Received on Fri May 03 2002 - 19:11:38 CDT