Re: Implicit Commit...pls remind me.

From: Chris Weiss <chris_at_hpdbe.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 17:40:59 -0400

If your stored procedure code contains a commit, then your commit should be applied successfully. However, if you are relying on the client to issue the commit, your transaction should get rolled back *IF* the Windows client crashed abnormally.

If you need to commit regardless of what Windows does, then the PL/SQL should contain an explicit commit or rollback on error. Tools and drivers have configurable commit behavior. In my SQL*PLUS for windows, the autocommit is set to OFF/false. If you set autocommit to ON/TRUE then your client will issue a commit at the end of your session.

So... The answer to your question is that it depends on how the client is configured, where the transaction was expecting the rollback or commit, and how the client crashed - blue screen, lost channel, timeout, etc.

Good Luck!

--
Chris Weiss