Re: http://www.hjrdba.com/

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 19:06:27 +0200

On 3 May 2002 08:29:59 -0700, Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote:

>I had to go through similar hoops and jumps to get the right to publish my 8i
>Architecture and Administration exam cram book. I didn't like it much then, I
>don't like it much in Howard's case, but I can understand their viewpoint. It's
>unfortunate, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Of course, we could always
>leave Oracle and then not have this concern ... ;)

Maybe Legal should follow up and scrutinize all documentation and all books published under the Oracle Press label for their correctness. Previous discussions indicate both documentation and Oracle Press books are divulging myths.
With a court case won by someone who put their wet cat in a magnetron to dry and sued the magnetron company because the instruction manual didn't caution against this, Oracle Legal might be willing to be VERY careful. They may also be very careful there are NO errors in ANY of their Exam Cram books. Now we know already this isn't true.

LOL Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri May 03 2002 - 12:06:27 CDT