Re: Which one is better? Oracel 9i or DB2 7.2??

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 15:01:17 GMT

Anton Versteeg wrote:

> This looks like typical Oracle behaviour.
> Just list the pro's and leave out the con's.
> (or list some minor con's to give the impression that this is an objective
> report)
>
> What about for instance log file replication (with Oracle you need to buy extra
> expensive third party products), the TCO, etc. i have included some comments
> in your cases.

This is news to me and I've been developing and managing Oracle systems (on Amdahl's, 390s, HP, Sun, AIX, Windows) and at many companies (Boeing, AT&T, etc.) for more than a decade.

Where do you hear this? An IBM salesperson? ;-)

Log file replication requires only one thing ... empty DASD.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri May 03 2002 - 10:01:17 CDT