Re: Help: Is there any way we can get all the db_links that are active?

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 3 May 2002 06:29:21 -0700

u705413818_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net (Joe Bayer) wrote in message news:<l.1020365604.1794158935@[64.94.198.252]>...
> Somebody suggested
>
> select username,
> db_link,
> logged_on,
> heterogeneous,
> protocol,
> open_cursors,
> in_transaction ,
> update_sent,
> commit_point_strength
> from v$dblink,
> dba_users
> Where owner_id = user_id order by 1,2
>
> But it always returns no rows even though I know there is some open db
> links
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks

Joe, without studying the view definition and the underlying x$ tables it would appear this view is session specific and that the querying session must have issued a distributed statement for an entry to exist: (8.1.7.2)

DDC1> connect ******/******
Connected.
DDC1> select * from v$dblink;

no rows selected

DDC1> select count(*) from chassis_no;

  COUNT(*)

     16118

DDC1> select * from v$dblink;

DB_LINK

  OWNER_ID LOG HET PROTOC OPEN_CURSORS IN_ UPD COMMIT_POINT_STRENGTH
PFA.WORLD
        25 YES YES UNKN              0 YES NO                      1

Querying the v$dblink view from another session under a DBA id shows no rows.

HTH and I curious if anyone else knows more on this subject.