Ora-60 Reported with no rows in conflict!

From: S.T.Arun <s.t.arun_at_mysun.com>
Date: 3 May 2002 00:57:47 -0700

Hi,

    Multiple instances of my application runs on the same table. Each of the instance operates on distinct sets of rows on the same table. But even then after a few thousand records, the update statement on a particular table comes out with ORA-00060 Deadlock detected. The update is based on rowid. And none of the instances (of my application) operate on the same row.

    The trace files have reported the following:

Can anyone help in finding out what the problem is ? I've tried to change the INITRANS to 4 on the affected table (cust_billparams) and have increased the pctfree too. Everytime the application comes out after processing 50K - 100K records.

Thanks in advance.

Arun Received on Fri May 03 2002 - 02:57:47 CDT