Re: Obtaining machine name and port number using Net8 Alias

From: Andy <enzoweb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 May 2002 17:47:40 -0700

He means that when you do a tnsping it echoes the tnsnames.ora entry:

tnsping test_db

TNS Ping Utility for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.6.0.0 -Production on 03-MAY-2002 10:13:55 (c) Copyright 1997 Oracle Corporation . All rights reserved.

Attempting to contact
(ADDRESS=(COMMUNITY=testenv.world)(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=test_server)(Port=1521)) OK (530 msec)