Re: LOST DataBase Password

From: Sean M <smckeownNO_at_BACKSIESearthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 16:18:22 -0600

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> You snipped out the rather larger paragraph that makes it abundantly clear
> that I'm not pleading innocence at all.

Wait, what did I snip? Look below - I included every word of your original post, save the one sentence "Can't we just try and be helpful or silent?". I don't see how that one brief sentence is 1) a "rather larger paragraph" or 2) makes it abundantly clear that you're not pleading innocence.

> I've just seen this group degenerate over the past, oh, say four months,
> into a never ending stream of smart-assed one liner comments from a small
> band of regular posters. And I don't think that's good for anyone.
>
> It didn't used to be like that (it's always had its moments, of course).

As for the group degenerating in the last four months, I'm skeptical (e.g. your "don't be bloody stupid!" comment was posted in January of 2001). I think this group is what it is... mostly helpful, mostly beneficial, sometimes useless (or worse - just plain wrong), often cranky, and at times downright mean. But that's a pretty good description of most of Usenet. You get what you pay for.

Regards,
Sean