ORA-12805 Parallel Query server died unexpectedly

From: David OConnell <doconnell0183_at_aol.com>
Date: 2 May 2002 13:59:58 -0700

We're getting intermittent ORA-12805 parallel query server died unexpectedly errors when creating B-Tree indexes (in a warehouse product script) on Oracle 8.1.7.2 with AIX 4.3.3.

 Metalink has suggested that we double the parallel_max_servers parameter. I'm hesitant to do that when we're at 180 now (15 per cpu).

TIMED_STATISTICS is currently FALSE, PARALLEL_THREADS_PER_CPU = 2, and PROCESSES = 275.  I've watched our use of parallel_servers and seen us hit the 180 limit without a problem. Unfortunately, I wasn't watching when the failures occured so I don't know if we were at the limit at that time.

 Has anyone else run into this ? Any solutions other than turning off parallelism ? Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 15:59:58 CDT