Info for anyone installing patch#2189751 (8.1.7.3) on NT/2000

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 20:57:16 GMT

If you get an error when the file ociw32.dll is trying to install, stop the distributed transaction coordinator service. This is the only one that the installer missed if left running.

For what it's worth, I've also found out that the auto shutdown still does not work 100% in nt/2000, which was one of the things this patch was supposed to fix. Oracles take on this is that it has been an ongoing issue with this windows platform and its best to do manula shutdowns before shutting down any win machine. (something I always did in any event) Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 15:57:16 CDT