Re: Selecting out certain columns

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 21:08:42 +0200

"Connor McDonald" <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3CD18957.7D5_at_yahoo.com...
> Stephen wrote:
> >
> > Let's say you have a table with 50 columns and you want to retrieve
> > data that lists only 49 of those columns. Is there any easy way to do
> > this without typing: select column1, column2,...column49 from table.
> > So basically is there a way to select out certain columns in your
> > statement while retrieving the rest of the columns?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> In SQL Plus
>
> SQL> col X nopri
> SQL> select * from ...
>

> hth
> connor
> --
> Connor McDonald
>
> http://www.oracledba.co.uk
>
> "Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue..."

ROFL, this is one for the truly lazy!
How about just selecting column names from user_tab_columns and apply copy and paste to that. Although, that is probably also asked too much. Would people like the OP ever have survived in a 70's or 80's IT department. Probably not.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA