Re: Tools for developing client-side applications that connect to an Oracle database.

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 18:49:49 GMT

daecks wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to find a tool that can develop client-side
> applications for an Oracle database, much in the same way that
> Oracle's WebDB could. WebDB is not currently an option. I was
> wondering if there were any alternatives out there, with similar
> functionality as WebDB, that people have found useful. If they are
> freeware products, that would be great.
>
> Cheers,
> Kristian.

Did you miss the fact that for more than a decade Oracle has sold Forms and Reports under one trade name or another. The nom d'jour is Internet Developer Suite.

You can get a demo copy at http://store.oracle.com for $39.95 USD and it contains Forms, Graphics, Reports, Schema Builder, Query Builder, and a number of other tools. The Forms and Reports can be used in eithe web or client-server mode.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 13:49:49 CDT