Oracle OEM e-mail notification problems with Outlook.

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 18:33:45 +0100

Bug 182480.1 refers to this (No from address in the e-mail) However the solution does not solve the problem. (adding oms.vdm.smtp.lineseparator=CRLF)
(hostnames and mail addrs replaced - they are real in the message and it
actually arrives - just has no from address ) I have tried quotes and <>
Here is a trace capture of the conversation and applied the latest OEM email patch. This is 9011 :

An220 mymailserver ESMTP
HELO VdmSMTPSession
250 mymailserver
MAIL FROM: derf_at_notarealhostname.com
250 ok
RCPT TO: derf_at_notarealhostname.com
250 ok
DATA
354 go ahead
To:"derf" <derf_at_notarealhostname.com>
Subject:ORACLE : EVENT sampleEvent CRITICAL

Name : sampleEvent
Target Name : testnode.us.oracle.com
Target Type : Node
Node Name : testnode.us.oracle.com

abcd
This is a sample notification output from Oracle Enterprise Manager sent at Thu May 02 17:07:40 GMT 2002
CRITICAL
May 02 2002 05:07:40 PM

.
250 ok 1020359263 qp 88070

Anyone any ideas ?
I think that there is a different answer to this and whoever posted the update merely put in the answer to the other question in this area
(that exchange server wanted a CRLF to finish the message )
TIA Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 12:33:45 CDT