Re: Oracle Replica Tutorial

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 2 May 2002 09:41:50 -0700

In article <7ffd4d85.0205020612.7299c2ec_at_posting.google.com>, mzamuner_at_ateikon.com says...

>OK, Pete. Can you suggest me some of the best books (english or
>italian version) talking about replica?
>I found "Oracle Distributed Systems" by Charles Dye, Deborah Russell
>(Editor)
>I don't want to buy a bull-sh*t book.
>I found, at metalink.oracle.com, note 117434.1, 117437., 121375.1
>I tried their way suggested but I'm not able to make it works (and
>specially I'm not able to understand the single steps).
>Can you help me in any way?
>
>Marco Zamuner

Well, everyone to their own opinion I suppose. I found Dye's book to be quite useful but it may be getting a bit dated now.

If you've looked at those notes, I'm not sure what I can do to help. They are step by step guides to setting up replication. It can't be made much clearer than waht they've done. I would suggest reading the Oracle Replication manual to make these steps clearer as well as understanding the concepts of replication in Oracle terms. If there are specific errors you are having, then by all means post them here.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 11:41:50 CDT