Re: Patch #2189751 (8.1.7.3) questions

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 17:04:09 GMT

Well, if not running java, xml or intermedia, you only need to run the catalog and catproc scripts after starting the DB up with _system_trig_enabled=false.

On another note, the main reason I installed this patch was so that 2000 would shutdown the databases gracefully if they were running and someone shut the machine down, it fixed it on one machine, and it works 1/3 times on another. Oracles answer to this is that it has been an ongoing nt/2000 issue and the bottom line is that its not 100% reliable and the best practice is to shut the DB down manually.