Impact upon Capacity of upgrade to Oracle 9i

From: John Watson <john.watson_at_eu.nabgroup.com>
Date: 2 May 2002 08:19:30 -0700

We are currently running Oracle 8 and 8i for a number of databases on the Sun E10k platform (at present Oracle 8 for a very large warehouse implementation on a large E10k domain running on Solaris 2.6). I'm interested in getting some idea of the likely capacity implications (i.e. in terms of additional processor, memory and disk requirements)of upgrading 8 to 9i and 8i to 9i.

I believe that there may be a significant increase in these requirements but I'd like to be able to get some quantification of this.

Any help would be gratefully received! Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 10:19:30 CDT