Re: Oracle 9iAS Import/Export

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 09:19:49 -0400

The easiest and safest way is to do a cold backup and transfer the DB files.

There are a number of issues with the portal export/import scripts which may require rework after import. Watch out for security info, which gets written to the same filename and will get overwritten on each page.

There is also a documented approach to exporting the whole portal and related schemas, but its a bit more than doing a simple exp/imp. I haven't tried this, but see:

http://portalstudio.oracle.com/pls/ops/docs/FOLDER/COMMUNITY/OTN_CONTENT/MAINPAGE/DEPLOY_PERFORM/FULLEXP.PDF

-Peter