insert with values and select

From: Martin Burkert <martin.burkert_at_a1plus.at>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 14:24:11 +0200

Hi!

I would like to "copy/modify" some entries from TABLE A to the same table TABLE A. Something like that:

insert into TABLE A (A,B,C,D,E) values ("2", "Martin", select C,D,E from

Table A where......)
                                                                ^^^^^^^
                                                                new Entries

I hope you can follow my idea: I would like to insert some new Data and some old Data from the same table. But my statement doesn't work. How can I work this?

greetings
Martin Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 07:24:11 CDT