Re: Interesting OEM issue

From: chris <chris_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 19:56:24 +1000

Jarad,

How have you configured the target machine? Make sure the listener is configured correctly and you can make a sqlnet connection to the database. Start the agent on the target agentctl -start (lsnrctl dbsnmp_start for 8i and ) and discover the node from OEM. If the node can be discovered automatically then all should be OK. If not then it should give the reason why. If after this you cannot open the target from OEM you may have some listener configuration problem on the target(perhaps not using correct DNS name).

If you make any changes to the listener then shut down the agent and delete the config files it generated in $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent and $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin then start the agent again. The agent creates the config files when it is first started.

The first one is always the hardest but OEM works fine on Linux.