compress/compact database?

From: Winbatch <winbatch_at_techie.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 00:16:09 -0400

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a command that I can use to compress a database. We have deleted a number of large schemas recently and was wondering if there would be any disk space savings by running some sort of compress on the database. Is this even necessary in Oracle?

Thanks,
Winbatch Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 23:16:09 CDT